About Karen, founder of Clear & Clutterfree
I have worked in office administration with stints in the NSW Premier’s Department, private business and not-for-profit organisations. My duties included admin, accounting, HR, customer service, quality assurance, office ergonomics, personal assistant, digital media and more. With this extensive professional experience, I am able to tailor a quality and specific service for each of my clients.
I also have direct experience of supporting mental health and wellbeing.
- I volunteered with GROW for five years as a support person for my sister.
- I trained and volunteered as telephone support person with Life Line.
- I was a live-in volunteer with the role of reception co-ordinator at a popular meditation retreat center for two years. I also ran workshops on decluttering and ways to simplify life.
I enjoy assisting time poor professionals, seniors and people with disabilities. I love working one to one with clients as well as with a team of organisers.
When I’m not “organising” something or another, I enjoy travelling, taking photos and spending quality time with family and friends. I’m a member of Danielle Laporte’s beautiful Heart Centered Program of meditations, reflections and poems. I also enjoy creative baking and drinking cups of tea.
My personal motto is “simplify, simplify, simplify” ~ Henry David Thoreau.
My credentials are:
- 10+ years in the organising industry in Australia
- 9 years office allrounder / personal assistant to the managing director of an engineering firm
- Diploma in business administration
- Expert accreditation via the Institute of Professional Organisers (IOPO)
- Certificates of study in
- Time Management and Productivity
- Telephone Counselling (Life Line)
- Basic Mental Health & Wellbeing (This Way Up ↑↑ )
- Training & Assessment (understanding learning styles and modalities)
- Chronic Pain (multidisciplinary approach to pain management)
- Introduction to Hoarding
- Introduction to ADHD
- NIDS Worker Orientation
- Life Coach (Transformation Academy)
- Covid-19 Infection Control Training
About Clear & Clutterfree
1. My mission is to enable people to move forward with greater clarity and calm in their life. I achieve this through a caring and compassionate approach, together with user friendly solutions that help you regain control of your life, time and space.
2. Our service includes most areas of Sydney, (some parts of Central Coast, Blue Mountains and Wollongong please ask)
3. We are dedicated to delivering a service that brings you fabulous results. I work one on one with clients and if requested can arrange a team of organisers for faster progress.
4. We are respectful of your privacy and supportive towards your decisions, possessions, home and family.
5. We have a strong commitment to paying it forward. We do our best to deliver your excess items to charity. Depending on the location, some of the charities we drop off items to are:
- Dress for Success
- Local Op Shops
- Animal Welfare Shelters
- Tool Libraries
- Local Community Centers
- Achieve Australia (Crafts)
- Aged Care and Child Care groups
- International Aid (Central Coast)
- Recycling Centre
- Men’s Shed
If you are dropping off items yourself, please contact charities directly to check suitability of donations.